- Have you outlined expected good practice at the event?
- Is the code of conduct written clearly and appropriately for its audience?
- Have all partners signed up to a common code of conduct?
- Have you developed principles for participation for children and young people?
- Have you developed principles for participation for adults at the event?
- Have you identified ways to challenge unacceptable behaviour e.g. bullying, racism, sexism?
- Have you been clear about appropriate relationships between adults and young people?
- Do you have specific guidance for personal/intimate care arrangements for very young or disabled young people?
- Is it clear to all parties how breaches of the code of conduct will be managed?
Further links & support
Disability discrimination video
Anti-bullying in sport guidance
Homophobic bullying in youth sport briefing
Parents in sport guidance
See pages 13 - 15 of Safe sport events, activities and competitions.