This national conference aims to provide an all-round grasp of the principal dangers, and equip professionals with the understanding, skills and confidence to enable children and young people to stay safe in the digital age.
Date: 22 March 2018
Booking: Please see Children and Young People Now's booking page
- understanding the government’s internet safety strategy and what it means for practice
- instilling digital resilience in children and young people
- navigating through the minefield of social media platforms, chat facilities, instant messaging and the ‘dark web’
- sexting: managing incidents and responding to concerns
- cyberbullying via text messages, social media or online gaming
- supporting parents and carers
- implementing a whole-setting approach to online safety for schools and the early years
- children’s mental health in the online world
- addressing radicalisation and meeting the Prevent duty
This conference is provided by Children and Young People Now.