Don't let anyone spoil the fun
Sport is fun – it gives you the opportunity to make new friends, try out new activities and amaze yourself with what you can do.
But for a few children, the fun is spoilt by adults who do or say things during sporting activities that hurt or frighten them.
What these children are experiencing may be abuse. And they may feel they have no one to talk to about it. Or that no one will listen to them or believe what they say.
Is something worrying you? Don't keep it to yourself
- tell an adult you trust as soon as possible, such as:
- a parent or someone else in your family
- another member of staff at the sports club
- a teacher or school counsellor
- your doctor or school nurse
- your club will have a child protection officer – find out who they are and tell them about your worries
- make sure you're not alone again with the person who has tried to harm you