Helping your children enjoy their participation and be successful
This useful guidance for parents (PDF) provides tips for how to support and encourage their child or children positively when participating in sport.
This guidance focuses on 3 key points:
- understand and enhance your child's sporting journey
- shared and communicated goals
- understanding emotional climate
- Enhancing parental involvement in youth sport – recommendations for coaches
- Improving parent-coach relationships – strategies for coaches
- Negotiating the post-game conversation – guidance on feedback
For more on this subject, see our guidance on promoting positive parental behaviour on our Parents in sport topic pages.
We also have a section with information specifically for parents and carers.