Childline and NSPCC are aware of the wider issues in sport for young people through the Child Protection in Sport Unit and information gathered from our helplines.
The questions explored with young people were:
- What do you think worries children involved in sport have?
- What do you think are the most common worries children and young people have?
- What do you think are the most important worries children and young people have?
- What would be your top tips to someone with these kinds of worries?
Author: NSPCC Participation Unit
The Football Association (The FA) nominated the NSPCC, through its Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU), to be the recipient of the UEFA Children’s Foundation charity award of €1 million over 3 years.
Throughout the project, the NSPCC hosted consultations with young people.
This first report focussed on the worries young people in sport might have. For this round of consultations:
- 100 young people were involved
- they were aged between 9 and 20
- they were from England and Scotland
- 80 respondents were male and 20 were female