This workshop by the NSPCC in partnership with O2, discusses practical tips, tools and advise to help understand the online world for parents.
The partnership brings parents simple, practical advice through resources such as Net Aware, a parent’s guide to the latest social networks, apps, and games children are using. They also offer advice on how to keep children safe whilst using chat and conference apps and how to support children’s wellbeing online.
Topics covered include:
- why children enjoy using the internet
- how the internet can help children
- the risks of using the internet
This webinar was recorded in October 2020.
Note: You'll need to register your name and email to view the recording. This is free and takes only a few seconds.
- NSPCC's online safety pages – information on talking to children about staying safe online
- Taking 'online' out of online safety – NSPCC Learning blog
- Online safety training course – NSPCC Learning
- Net Aware – information and advice for parents from the NSPCC and O2
- Thinkuknow's home activity packs – to help parents learn about online safety at home with their children