National Safeguarding Adults Week 2019 takes place 18-24 November.
Ann Craft Trust (ACT) are collaborating with The SAB Manager Network and The University of Nottingham for the annual awareness raising campaign. The aim is to create a time where everyone can focus on safeguarding adults – so we can be better, together.
Each day will be focused on a different safeguarding adults at risk issue, culminating in two days about safeguarding adults in sport and activity.
The key themes are:
- Monday- Modern Slavery
- Tuesday- Self Neglect
- Wednesday- Domestic Abuse
- Thursday- Ann Craft Trust Conference & My role in Safeguarding
- Friday- Transforming Care
- Saturday & Sunday- Safeguarding adults in sport and activity
There are a number of ways to join in:
- download the safeguarding adults in sport and activity resources pack
- attend the ACT Safeguarding Seminar and AGM, on 21 November
- use #SafeguardingAdultsWeek on social media to share resources and let everyone know what you’re doing
- run safeguarding events and training
- encourage an open discussion