Safeguarding adults week is a nationwide campaign held by the Ann Craft Trust. The aim is to highlight safeguarding key issues, facilitate conversations and to raise awareness of safeguarding best practice.
Date: 15 - 21 November 2021
This years' theme is ‘creating safer cultures'. Each day will focus on a specific topic to facilitate conversations around the theme of creating safer cultures.
What will be covered over the week?
- Monday - emotional abuse and safeguarding mental health
- Tuesday - the power of language
- Wednesday - digital safeguarding
- Thursday - adult grooming and the Grooming and Exploitation Conference
- Friday - creating safer organisational cultures
- Saturday and Sunday - safeguarding and you
Support Safeguarding Adults Week in 5 ways
- sign up to receive your free safeguarding adults week resources from the Ann Craft Trust
- book onto Ann Craft Trust e-learning courses or the Ann Craft Trust Conference to develop your safeguarding knowledge
- share the free podcasts, posters and resources within your organisation, or create your own, to raise awareness of safeguarding issues
- use the hashtag #SafeguardingAdultsWeek on social media to tell the online community about your safeguarding initiatives
- learn how to recognise the signs of abuse and how to record and report your concerns