Safeguarding Adults Week is back for 2023.
Led and run by Ann Craft Trust, the campaign aims to raise awareness around key safeguarding issues and practices. The week focuses on sharing information, resources and guidance around how individuals and organisations can safeguard themselves and others.
Date: 20-24 November 2023
What will be covered?
Being able to live free from abuse and neglect plays a crucial role in someone's overall wellbeing. When working to safeguard adults, it's important to think about their whole wellbeing, understanding what matters to them and considering their beliefs, feelings, and risk of harm.
Safeguarding Adults Week 2023 explores what wellbeing means and why it's important in safeguarding. Working through a new theme each day, the week aims to enhance knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, as well as provide effective strategies to promote the wellbeing of staff, volunteers, and the people they support.
- Monday - What's my role in safeguarding adults?
- Tuesday - Let's start talking - taking the lead on safeguarding in your organisation
- Wednesday - Who cares for the carers? Secondary and vicarious trauma
- Thursday - Adopting a trauma informed approach to safeguarding adults
- Friday - Listen, learn, lead - co-production with experts by experience
To read the full agenda and receive all the latest information in the months leading up to the week, visit the Ann Craft Trust website.