This tutor-led half-day training course covers everything a board member in a sports or leisure organisation needs to know about safeguarding children.
The course will help you understand your role, responsibilities and develop your confidence in ensuring children and young people are protected by your organisation.
Date: 12 March 2024, 5pm - 8pm
Price: £115 per person
Booking: please visit the NSPCC Learning website to book your place
Who is this course for?
This course is now available on NSPCC Learning to anyone who is a senior leader or holds a board member position in a sport or leisure organisation across England or Wales.
People who have taken this course includes:
- board safeguarding champions in the sport or leisure sectors
- management board members in sport or leisure
- senior leaders who want to ensure organisational safeguards are in place at a strategic level
During this training course, you’ll learn how to:
- recognise sport and leisure specific safeguarding risks and the processes that can be implemented to reduce the risks and keep children safer in these settings
- understand the role and responsibilities of senior leaders and management boards in organisational safeguarding
- define the role and responsibilities of designated board member safeguarding roles, such as board safeguarding champions
- ensure your organisation responds effectively to a child who has reported abuse, and know what steps to take when concerns about a child have been raised by others
- identify specific areas of risk and areas for future development