This briefing offers guidance on appropriate staffing and adult to child ratio when planning and running sports activities. Supervision ratios are part of an organisation's duty of care to safeguard children and young people.
Author: NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit
- why are supervision ratios important?
- key considerations when making ratio decisions
- recommended minimum supervision ratios
- toilet supervision
- travelling ratios
- overnight stays
- supervising during downtime between activities
- young people as supervisors
- parents as supervisors