The Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation has been designed to create a culture shift around the stigma of mental health.
The charter is hosted by the Sport and Recreation Alliance with the support of mental health charity Mind. It asks organisations to sign up and commit to 3 actions to help influence change in the sector.
Aims of the charter
The charter aims to:
- use the power of sport to promote wellbeing with a focus on social interaction
- encourage organisations to publicly adopt good mental health policies and best practice
- support the development of mental health resources for use by the sector
Play your part
If you’d like to join us as a signatory to the Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation, you can sign up to the charter on the Sport and Recreation Alliance website.
- promoting good mental health and wellbeing – CPSU briefing paper
- reducing the risk of athlete suicide in and through sport – CPSU guidance