This briefing highlights things that should be considered when taking children and young people away on day trips (PDF) – such as travel, ratios and insurance.
This guidance has been designed to be used in addition to our briefing on overnight trips and international travel, which details the additional arrangements that must be considered for trips that involve overnight stays and international travel with children and young people.
Author: NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU)
- supervision and staffing
- emergency procedures
- Away day trips and fixtures checklist
- Overnight trips and international travel – guidance
- Overnight trips and international travel checklist
- Safe sports event management tools
- Safe sport events, activities and competitions – guidance
- Missing children at events – procedure and flowchart
- Safeguarding at events – weather considerations