In this webinar, Liza Ware, CPSU Senior Consultant, explores what Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are and the effects they have on the developing brain. She also talks about what role sport can play in helping to overcome toxic stress and trauma in children.
Correction: 17,000 people took part in the CDC-Kaiser Permanente Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) study, not 1,700 as stated in the webinar.
Note: You'll need to register your name and email to view the recording. This is free and takes only a few seconds.
Further information and resources
- We can prevent ACEs - video from ACEs Connection
- Center on the Developing Child - Harvard University
- iCoachKids - project funded by the Erasmus+ programme
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime - TED talks
- Adverse Childhood Experiences - video from NHS Health Scotland