In our webinars, we aim to discuss the latest advice, guidance and best practice examples of safeguarding within sport.
Watch our latest webinar
In this mini webinar, presented by CPSU Senior Consultant Saara Ruotsalainen, we explore the differences between banter and bullying.
We look at what banter might look like in sport, why it can be so commonplace and how to identify when banter might be crossing the line into bullying behaviour.
Can’t see the player? You can also watch this webinar on the NSPCC's YouTube channel.
In our Resource Library, you'll find recordings of webinars, presentation slides, notes and other resources from previous CPSU webinars:
- Banter vs bullying in sport (Nov 2023)
- Loneliness and mental health in sport (Sept 2022)
- Racism and safeguarding in sport (May 2021)
- Understanding sexual offending and the grooming and entrapment process (May 2020)
- The basics of safeguarding for Club Welfare Officers (March 2020)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and why this matters in sport (Jan 2020)
- Safeguarding LGBTQ+ young people in sport (June 2018)
- DBS and referral processes in sports (Apr 2018)
- Young people in positions of trust in sport (May 2017)
- Eating disorders and disordered eating in sport (Dec 2015)