This briefing paper will help sports clubs and organisations risk assess any concerns around the membership of people with criminal records. It highlights what needs to be done to ensure the decisions they make are fair and safe.
There are a number of different sources that sports organisations may receive information about an individual from, aside from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This paper takes a look at these and offers advice on processes that should be followed.
Author: NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU)
- sources of concern
- risk assess each individual situation
- can sports organisations prevent individuals from attending sports events?
- Case management model - CPSU guidance
- Making fair and safe decisions about membership - PDF
- The role of the Local Authority Designated Officer - PDF