This webinar provides the basic information about eating disorders and disordered eating in youth sport.
Originally recorded in December 2015, the webinar addresses the mechanisms for identifying and managing potential eating problems. The session included input from an endurance coach and an academic from Loughborough University.
Topics covered include:
- conversation starters to raise the issue
- referral pathways
- the treatment of eating disorders
- sources of support
Note: If you didn't attend the live webinar, you'll need to register your name and email to view the recording. This is free and takes only a few seconds.
- Body image, weight management and disordered eating in sport - CPSU podcast mini series
- Mental health and wellbeing - CPSU topic page
- Beat – a charity devoted to beating eating disorders
- Strategies for dealing with eating disorders among athletes and players – sports coach UK research summary