This webinar provides the basic information about eating disorders and disordered eating in youth sport.
The December 2015 session addressed the mechanisms for identifying and managing potential eating problems. It had input from an endurance coach and an academic from Loughborough University.
Topics covered include:
- conversation starters to raise the issue
- referral pathways
- the treatment of eating disorders
- sources of support
Note: If you didn't attend the live webinar, you'll need to register your name and email to view the recording. This is free and takes only a few seconds.
- Eating disorders in sport – information from UK Sport
- Beat – a charity devoted to beating eating disorders
- Strategies for dealing with eating disorders among athletes and players – sports coach UK research summary