This webinar provides the basic information about eating disorders and disordered eating in youth sport.
Originally recorded in December 2015, the webinar addresses the mechanisms for identifying and managing potential eating problems. The session included input from an endurance coach and an academic from Loughborough University.
Topics covered include:
- conversation starters to raise the issue
- referral pathways
- the treatment of eating disorders
- sources of support
Player not working? Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- Balancing training with looking after the body – part of our guidance on safeguarding talented and elite athletes
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Body image, weight management and disordered eating in sport – CPSU podcast mini series
- Beat – a charity devoted to beating eating disorders
- Eating disorders: analysis of coaching strategies – UK Coaching research summary