We’ve created a 5 part mini series of podcasts on body image, weight management and disordered eating in sport.
In this series we talk with Dr Carolyn Plateau, Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Loughborough University and former 800 metre international athlete. We discuss the importance of creating a positive culture around food nutrition, weight and shape and an environment where young people feel safe, heard and their needs are met.
We will be releasing a podcast each day through this week so please keep an eye on our website or Twitter, @TheCPSU, to find out when each podcast is released.
What's covered in this series?
- Part 1 - Exploring terminology
- Part 2 - Transitions (understanding adolescent development)
- Part 3 - Weight monitoring in sports settings
- Part 4 - Weight making sports and activities
- Part 5 - Creating positive cultures in sport around food, weight and shape
The content within these podcasts may be sensitive to some individuals and may bring up distressing memories, thoughts or feelings. We have provided links to organisations that can offer emotional support both within the podcasts and on our website.
All 5 episodes are now available, listen now to learn more.