In this podcast, we talk to the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) about how they’ve developed and delivered on their last safeguarding strategy and what improvements it’s made to the experiences of young athletes in their sport.
Carole Billington-Wood, CPSU Senior Consultant, leads this panel , joined by the Head of Safeguarding at the LTA, an LTA County Safeguarding Officer and an Under 14’s national age group coach, to look at the challenges of embedding cultural and procedural change on such large scale at a national, regional and club level.
Despite this podcast using tennis as an example, it’s packed with learning, tips and advice to any sport, at all levels, who might want to bolster their safeguarding practice.
Can’t see the player? You can also listen to this episode on our Audioboom channel.
- Carole Billington-Wood – CPSU Senior Consultant
- Melanie Addams – CPSU Safeguarding Information Officer
- David Humphrey – LTA Head of Safeguarding
- Ian Alexander – LTA County Safeguarding Officer
- Holly Bambridge – LTA Under 14’s Coach
- CPSU's guidance on putting safeguards in place
- Standards for safeguarding and protecting children in sport
- Listening to the voices of young people in sports organisations - CPSU webinar
To find out more about the LTA's safeguarding policies and their new strategy, visit their safeguarding pages on the LTA website.