Parental feedback, support and behaviour all play a vital role in a child's enjoyment and experience of sport. This useful guidance for parents (PDF) provides tips for how to support and encourage your child and become positively involved in their sporting experience.
The guidance focuses on 3 key points:
1. communication around shared goals
2. showing interest around your child's experiences and emotions
3. taking an individual approach to supporting your childDownload the guidance (PDF)
For more on this subject, see our guidance on promoting positive parental behaviour on our Parents in sport topic pages.
We also have a section with information specifically for parents and carers.
- How to improve parental involvement in your club – recommendations for coaches
- Improving parent-coach relationships – strategies for coaches
- Negotiating the post-game conversation – guidance on feedback