This guidance (PDF) provides coaches with helpful strategies to follow to improve and manage potential issues between coaches and parents and build a good relationship. This guidance suggests 3 key areas to address:
- parents’ behaviours and conduct at competitions and training
- understand talent development and the sport structure
- perceptions of coaches
For more on this subject, see our guidance on promoting positive parental behaviour on our Parents in sport topic pages.
We also have a section with information specifically for parents and carers.
- How to improve parental involvement in your club – recommendations for coaches
- Negotiating the post-game conversation – guidance on feedback
- How can you get involved in your child's club? – guidance for parents