With our podcasts, we aim to bring the latest safeguarding in sport best practice to sports organisations, clubs, coaches, volunteers and sports parents.
Listen to our latest podcast
In this podcast episode, we talk with former professional footballer Paul Stewart. Paul talks about the impact that childhood abuse has had on him and how we can all help to create a safer culture in sport for young people.
We discuss the importance of creating a culture of safety where children's voices are heard. Paul also emphasises the need for robust safeguarding policies and procedures in sport and activity to ensure children and young people have a safe and fun experience.
In our Resource Library, you'll find information and transcripts from previous CPSU podcasts:
- Ep 17 - Creating safer cultures in sport – Learning from lived experience (published Nov 2021)
- Ep 12-16 – Body image, weight management and disordered eating in sport (5-part miniseries; published Sept 2021)
- Exploring terminology
- Transitions (understanding adolescent development)
- Weight monitoring in sports settings
- Weight-making sports and activities
- Creating positive cultures in sport around food, weight and shape
- Ep 11 – Managing safeguarding cases in sport (published Jul 2021)
- Ep 10 – The voice of the child with the RFL (published Jun 2021)
- Ep 9 – A journey to better safeguarding with the LTA (published Dec 2020)
- Ep 8 – Learning from lived experience of childhood sexual abuse (published Jul 2020)
- Ep 7 – Online safety for sport (published May 2020)
- Ep 6 – Safeguarding at sports events (published Feb 2020)
- Ep 5 – DBS checks in sport – your questions answered (published Jan 2019)
- Ep 4 – DBS checks in sport – the basics (published Jan 2019)
- Ep 3 – The basics of safeguarding (published Oct 2019)
- Ep 2 – Parenting young people in competitive sport (published Oct 2018)
- Ep 1 – Parents' grass-roots involvement in sport (published Oct 2018)
You can also listen to these on our Audioboom channel