With our podcasts, we aim to bring the latest safeguarding in sport best practice to sports organisations, clubs, coaches, volunteers and sports parents.
Listen to our latest podcast
- EP 16 - Eating disorders 5 - Creating positive cultures in sport (published Sept 2021)
This is part one of a five part mini series on body image, weight management and disordered eating in sport we talk with Dr Carolyn Plateau, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Loughborough University and former 800 metre international athlete.
In this podcast, we look at how sport and activity providers can create a culture of healthy eating practices and ensure young people feel supported and comfortable speaking to someone if they are concerned about anything.
In our Resource Library, you'll find information and transcripts from previous CPSU podcasts:
- EP 15 - Eating disorders 4 - Weight-making sports and activities (published Sept 2021)
- Ep 14 - Eating disorders 3 - Weight monitoring in sports settings (published Sept 2021)
- Ep 13 - Eating disorders 2 - transitions (understanding adolescent development) (published Sept 2021)
- Ep 12 - Eating disorders 1 - Exploring terminology (published Sept 2021)
- Ep 11 – Managing safeguarding cases in sport (published Jul 2021)
- Ep 10 – The voice of the child with the RFL (published Jun 2021)
- Ep 9 – A journey to better safeguarding with the LTA (published Dec 2020)
- Ep 8 – Learning from lived experience of childhood sexual abuse (published Jul 2020)
- Ep 7 – Online safety for sport (published May 2020)
- Ep 6 – Safeguarding at sports events (published Feb 2020)
- Ep 5 – DBS checks in sport – your questions answered (published Jan 2019)
- Ep 4 – DBS checks in sport – the basics (published Jan 2019)
- Ep 3 – The basics of safeguarding (published Oct 2019)
- Ep 2 – Parenting young people in competitive sport (published Oct 2018)
- Ep 1 – Parents' grass-roots involvement in sport (published Oct 2018)
You can also listen to these on our Audioboom channel